Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Losing streak...


I watch a lot of sports and I feel like my life has become like that of a terrible team. Just when I decide to turn things around and attempt to do things another way so that our family could be happier, it comes back to sucker punch me. I planned a picnic at the beach as a surprise to only be informed a few days earlier that Jenevive was leaving for some alone time. I was so angry that I couldn’t say anything. I didn’t tell Judy because I knew she wouldn’t understand and would be sad. She found out that her mom wouldn’t be there on that day. I couldn’t look at her sad eyes and just spaced out towards the water. When and how does one come off of a losing streak?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you still take your little girl on the picnic -? I hope so. She might be sad because you are - which is ok. But hopefully you can see the beauty in life everday and show it to your daughter as well.

Dulcinea said...

You lost the flow, baby. Just surrender yourself to the winds, and you will find it again.

Tiffany said...

It becomes defeat when you give up. Life's truth is that bad things happen to everyone. Just learn to appreciate the good things you have.

Anonymous said...

It's a bummer when plans don't work out, especially when there is a child involved. Don't loose hope though, it's not you who is loosing, you can't blame yourself for someone elses actions. If the two of you co-parent, I'm sure another one of your wonderful family plans will come to pass. Don't give up!

Anonymous said...

That's tough. You're like the buffalo bills. try watching some old school wrestling videos. it always makes me feel better.

Belle Marie said...

in my case it was usually the dad that didnt show up and i understand from a daughter's point of view how that can hurt and confuse you equally. And sure, she doesnt understand now, but she will with time, age and maturity and she won't hold it against any of you. Keep being there, that's what she needs and time will do the rest.